Borobudur Sunset Tour comes in among the list of fun activities to have in Indonesia. Borobudur is a Mahayana Buddhist temple found in Magelang Regency, Central Java, Indonesia, Southeast Asia. It is the largest Buddhist temple in the world, built in the 9th century during the Sailendra Dynasty. The temple’s architectural design is in Gupta. Additionally, Borobudur is a place for Buddhist pilgrimage and a sunset tour Borobudur is sure to take your breathe away.
The Borobudur Temple was a Buddhist temple until sometime in the 10th and 15th centuries when it became abandoned. Though its re-discovery in the 19th century and restoration in the 20th century, it has been brought back into Buddhist archaeological sites. Also, the Temple is a remarkable dynastic monument of the Syailendra Dynasty that governed Java for about five centuries.
Notably, the Borobudur Temple Compounds consists of three monuments: the Borobudur Temple and two smaller temples on a straight axis to Borobudur in the east. The two temples are Pawon Temple, a smaller temple whose inside does not reveal which deity might have been the worship object. In addition, the three monuments represent phases in the attainment of Nirvana. Second, Mendut Temple, whose depiction of Buddha, represented by a formidable monolith accompanied by two Bodhisattvas.
Borobudur Temple Facts
Here are the fun facts you should have in mind when you go for a Sunset Tour Borobudur. It is also important to menetion that these fun fucts are equally the historical facts about Borobudur Indonesia.
- It is the largest Buddhist monument in the world.
- Also, it is the most complex building in the world.
- The purpose of the building and the people/person responsible for it is unknown as there is also no written record.
- The temple was built around 750 AD.
- The construction of the temple took 75 years.
- The monument has nine stacked platforms, six square and three circulars, covered by a central dome also.
- A restoration project was carried out between 1975 and 1982 by the Indonesian government and UNESCO, after which the monument became a UNESCO World Heritage Site consequently.
Why Visit for a Sunset Tour Borobudur?
Borobudur sits on top of a hill. In fact, it covers a surface area of 2,500 m2. Also, the temple has a decoration of 2,672 relief panels, 504 Buddha statues and stone carvings in bas – relief. Furthermore, these carvings represent images from the life of Buddha. Therefore, it is an opportunity to climb to the top of the temple before dawn to watch the magical sunrise. A Sunset Tour Borobudur is a sight to behold. Borobudur Temple, Indonesia.
This is a list of the tour agency you can contract for a Sunset Tour Borobudur.
- Yogyakarta Borobudur temple & Candirejo village tour
- Java/ Yogyakarta Bali ring of fire trip
- Yogyakarta city tour
- Borobudur & Prambanan
- Borobudur sunrise from the top of temple Prambanan
- Yogyakarta Java overland
The top attractions for you Sunset Tour Borobudur includes;
- Borobudur Temple
- Selogriyo Temple
- Chicken Church
- Manohara Sunrise
- Reptile Rescue Borobudur
- Rhema Hill
- Sukmojoyo Hill
- Padepokan APEL WATOE
- Omah Pring
- Wisata Alam Pos Mari Giritengah
- Banyu Bening Art House
- Punthuk Mongkrong
Borobudur Entrance Fee.
However, the entrance fee into the temple is $25 for adults and $15 for children between 3-10 years (Children under 3 enter free). Thus, you can have a pocket friendly Sunset Tour Borobudur. Also, find out the fun facts about Chinas Forbidden City.
Hotels for Sunset Tour Borobudur.
There are many accommodations located close to Borobudur, thus, accommodation is not a problem for a Sunset Tour Borobudur. Importantly, make sure you make your bookings and reservations before embarking on your trip.
- The Amanjiwo Resort is 7 minutes drive from Borobudur temple
- The Manohara Borobudur is 10 minutes walk from Borobudur
- Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa is 5 minutes drive from Borobudur
- Amata Borobudur Resort is 10 minutes drive from Borobudur
- Villa Borobudur is 15 minutes drive from Borobudur
- Villa Sumbing Indah is 45 minutes drive from Borobudur
- Cempaka Villa II is 15 minutes walk from Borobudur
- Garuda Indonesia Hotel
- Alamat Hotel
- Tingal Laras Art House Homestay IS 10 minutes drive from Borobudur.
How to Get to Borobudur.
However, from Yogyakarta, it is an hour’s drive to Borobudur. Also, you can use a car or join a tour. You can choose to wander about on foot or chart a horse-drawn carriage at a reasonable price at the temple. Finally, having a Sunset Tour Borobudur is a never miss fun activity for families and friends. Also, see the amazing cheap Asian countries for vacation.